![]() |
| Co-passengers. Servants of light. |
The Wat Arun is one of the most revered of around 31,000 Buddhist temples scattered in the “ land of smiles”. It represents not just religious culture and history of Thailand but symbolizes the meaning of life beyond the physical realm as well.
![]() |
| Chao Phraya river |
I was really amazed by this Wat as it grows taller in front of me as the boat that carried us approaches to our destination . By impression it looks like a huge building with chambers that stores antiquity of old Thailand. I was wrong. It is a vast complex with one stands the tallest, an obelisk with intricate tile works and many icons I am not familiar with.
![]() |
| Oblation pose anywhere. Documenting every piece of things could have meant allowing triviality to steal the moment. Instead, I just loose myself to the strange beauty surrounding the place. |
![]() |
| Statues at the entrance. |
Wat Arun offers a clue of human diversity in terms of religion and interconnectedness of human race. My spiritual transformation lead me to believe that we are ONE and KINDNESS is the one TRUE unestablished religion. The rise of human civilization is also when the advent of ideologies came to build an invisible walls that divide us.
![]() |
| At the base of Wat Arun |
The staircase of Wat Arun is so steep at approximately 75 degrees. I was adamant as to giving it a try. When the opportunity provides you a whole new world to see you must accept it as a challenge. So I just did!
![]() |
| At the top. In the background is one of prangs. |
![]() |
| View from the top of Wat Arun |







No comments:
Post a Comment