Saturday, December 3, 2016

Religion and Compassion


Religion is a foundation of mankind. It is in fact a creation of our beliefs based on substantial events that shaped our notion of what is GOOD and BAD. There is no such thing as bad religion. As a diverse person myself, I have been practicing  my mind to be OPEN in everything as much as possible. I TRY to embrace everything I see and hear without allowing my mind to control my judgement. 




I believe in tolerance and respect as much as I believe in GOOD and BAD. If GOD is good so BAD is evil. If we force our beliefs to others we may create a scenario of disrespect and intolerance which will sow a seed of hatred. Evil thrives on hatred and if we look around it has been wrecking havoc on all of us.

Buddhism is one of the world's most established religions. It's been around for many years teaching mankind to be compassionate. It is (I guess) half religion half philosophy. It sought to instill wisdom without being restrictive to each follower’s freedom of well being. Though it has its share of practices like salvations and rituals -which are common in every religion, but the most important question we should ask ourselves is DOES IT KILL,STEAL or CORRUPT?



Living to my promise of not just promoting a place or anything (which is cliché) but integrating myself to express  opinion is very challenging on my part. I have to jumble every thought of the universe and put them together in a circle of FEW. Yes FEW because others do not know what I am saying. Allow me to use this paragraph to express my THANKS to some readers who find time to read and decipher my articles.





Speaking of Buddhism, this article is also a sequel of my wonderful experience in Thailand in 2013. This time it's about another Temple called “ Wat Pho”. Temple of the Reclining Buddha as it is also popularly known  houses the largest Buddha in Thailand. It is  considered as center of Thai medicine where traditional Thai massage was born. A lot of interesting stuffs about this temple but I would rather redirect you to other blogs that tackle comprehensive details about this wonderful creation of mankind.



















2 comments:

  1. Another thoughtful and articulate blog Jovie! I enjoyed reading this one very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working hard here to make it simple and meaningful. Thank you for being my follower😘😘😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete