Monday, December 26, 2016

The Promise of a New Year

Another year is about to end. While others will say goodbye to a year that is full of good memories and blessings, some will simply forget the sustained pains and keep the lessons learned therefrom. I know life is not the same so when you ask some people how the year would have been to them they will say  GOOD and I AM GRATEFUL. Yes! Good or bad there is so much to be thankful for the essence the TIME brings in fulfilling its PROMISES.

New year's resolution is more of a joke nowadays than a self inflicted frustrations we set to delve ourselves into. It is supposed to be creating a better result from the things we want to change and achieve. It is not just words written in a piece of paper or something in our wish list. The PROMISE itself is the best gift that dawning of a new year gives to all, this will not change or provide us instantly within twelve months. Another year means more time for making dreams come true. The year 2016 taught me a lot of things especially on my way of making sound decisions regarding career. TIME IS OPPORTUNITY!

Punta Engaño Lapu-Lapu City Cebu Philippines

I don't really program things, I enjoy the randomness of events but keeping in mind how certain event would affect my chances of getting to where I need to be. This is not a “ COME WHAT MAY” sort of thinking. Thomas S. Monson stated that WE CAN’T DIRECT THE WIND, BUT WE CAN ADJUST THE SAILS. When we defy force of the wind we will shatter the vessel that the wind propels to our supposed destination. We may be drowned in frustrations and in worst case scenario lost our chance to sail again.

Notwithstanding my failures, I decided to keep on going patiently to the extent of asking myself if I have become mediocre in what I can do best. But not really, the road is not well paved for my car to run smoothly. I realized that it was an OFF-ROAD challenge. To get there, I must be needing FOCUS and BALANCE. The source of speed does not come from the fuel but from the driver. I thanked God for this lesson that I can use as part of my wise strategies to win myself (instead of competing with others) for another year to come.

Let us end this year with a heart full of GRATITUDE. Pains come but the good thing is they leave us lessons as they go for another time. Keep your heads up and let us celebrate New Year with a spirit full of HOPE. I humbly thank my readers for rekindling my passion in writing through my blog. To my new batch of friends both in real life and in facebook and to the ONE who is my greatest DISCOVERY this year, HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing YOU a very HAPPY NEW YEAR dear Jovie! Some people are made to lead and YOU are one of them! Here's to a fantastic 2017 filled with love,life and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. As always,you inspire me to do better. Thank you Sir AM.

    ReplyDelete