Friday, December 30, 2016

Popular New Year's Resolution

Image courtesy of www.ambientegallerie.com
Instead of just  sharing in the social media what our self-wishes are for 2017 why not try to compile those that have ended others shooting for the proverbial moon just for the sake of little entertainment. I will try to list herein the popular and yet the best resolutions that everyone can make ANYTIME of the year.


DIETING

Holiday season is party season. This is the season when dieting comes as the toughest challenge especially when you promised to lose weight for a healthier you in the years beyond. Life is good and life is food. DIETING doesn't mean depriving yourself of what you can indulge into once in a while. The key is BALANCE and TIMING. But when you kick the year munching on burgers and sugary desserts in newly opened cafes that is when dieting reads DIE-EATING. Know when to CHEAT!

GOING TO GYM

We don't just select what to eat for the acceptable BODY MASS INDEX. It has to work hand in hand with physical activities that may only be possible when we consider going to gym . Working people find it hard to insert weight lifting in their schedule .BUT if you think of its benefits as per contra to loathing in front of monitor watching movies to kill time then most likely than not you will have the best REST DAY OPTION.

QUIT SMOKING

Nicotine addiction is personally my biggest challenge in terms of getting myself clean and healthy. I am proud  that somehow  I have managed to cut my cravings for this deadly vice down to 75% this year. Do I have to thank my declining strength in lifting for this or shall I say BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO DIE YOUNG? Don't wait nicotine to find its way on your spine. Addiction is not an easy battle to get away with. It has to start with a resolute spirit to live life longer. START NOW!

STOP DRINKING

We can't stop drinking unless you dehydrate yourself to death. What I am talking about here is obviously INTOXICATING DRINKS. There are published studies about the benefits of alcohol consumption. Just like anything else, too much can kill you but I want to believe that you won't die either if you remove alcoholic drinks from your system.

SAVING MONEY

With soaring prices of commodities and trickling desire to buy new sets of gadgets, saving money could perhaps the one we are mostly challenged. I think the best way to do this is to identify the NEEDS from WANTS or PRIORITIES over short-lived memories. This is the biggest lesson I learned over the years. To date, I have outstanding FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS that need to be settled. Paying overdue debts can help a lot to bank roll on saving money for the future.

TRAVELING

Why not! If we refrain from impulsive buying, cook and eat healthy foods instead of going out for your trans fat laced pizza and sugar laden pastries in your favorite food house we can allot budget for traveling. Traveling makes our soul richer. It will open opportunities to see the world in different ways thus directing us to a new foray where we can be the best that we are ought to be.

TO BE KIND

My struggles from the time I decided to start living outside the comfort of my family/guardians at early age have exposed me to a world where kindness is also a challenge to win over from others and most of all from OURSELVES. We can't aim for self perfection. To be kind means being tolerant no matter how different the differences are to you. Some people will always choose to hurt you no matter how hard you try to be kind . Some are ungrateful and some will only be there when your basket is full. I have hurt others intentionally and unintentionally along the way. Trying to be kind in words and in actions can create a positive effect in accelerating you to a new version of yourself. Kindness is not a work to be done overnight. It needs many attempts and persistence that should last a LIFETIME.

1 comment:

  1. All good advice! Very easy to understand and follow! Thanks for being a leader Jovie!

    ReplyDelete